Incorporating Changes into Your Writing Is a Multi-Step Process. When you start incorporating comments and suggestions, keep in mind that every change can impact the whole piece through a ripple effect. Merely going through a list of revision suggestions one-by-one in isolation will produce a disjointed draft. Avoid the patchwork approach to responding to readers’ comments by being strategic and making it a multi-step process. First read all the comments to assess their purpose. Once you’ve assessed the comments, then start to address them.
- Caution: Switchback Curves Ahead! November 22, 2016
- The Power of a Word Count Goal – A Lesson from NaNoWriMo November 15, 2016
- Writing Cover Letters for Academic Positions November 8, 2016
- Try Dictating Your Ideas When You Feel Stuck November 1, 2016
- Idea for Managing a Large Writing Project October 25, 2016