When you receive comments, whether from your dissertation committee or a journal, keep in mind that a reviewer’s purpose is to submit comments. However, the motivation for each comment can be confusing. Sometimes the comment is representative of what the reviewer is thinking at that moment. Sometimes the comment is a reflection of your committee’s dynamics. But sometimes, the comments are incredibly helpful in transforming your ideas and improving your writing. These are the comments that make wading through the crowded field worthwhile.
- Caution: Switchback Curves Ahead! November 22, 2016
- The Power of a Word Count Goal – A Lesson from NaNoWriMo November 15, 2016
- Writing Cover Letters for Academic Positions November 8, 2016
- Try Dictating Your Ideas When You Feel Stuck November 1, 2016
- Idea for Managing a Large Writing Project October 25, 2016