Write every day—even if it’s only for an hour broken into smaller segments. Make good writing habits. Once you have established your good writing habits, set realistic goals of writing two double-spaced pages a day. The next day, start where you left off and keep growing the document. If you can write two pages per day, that’s 14 pages per week, 56 pages in a month, and over 100 pages in two months. It doesn’t have to be POLISHED writing. The idea is to get a draft written. Then your writing coach can get your draft into better shape and help you revise/reorganize/edit.
- Caution: Switchback Curves Ahead! November 22, 2016
- The Power of a Word Count Goal – A Lesson from NaNoWriMo November 15, 2016
- Writing Cover Letters for Academic Positions November 8, 2016
- Try Dictating Your Ideas When You Feel Stuck November 1, 2016
- Idea for Managing a Large Writing Project October 25, 2016